In May 2017, the 7th edition of the Caregiver Day will take place in Italy, in Emilia Romagna Region.
The programme will consist of different events:
- A film review "Declinations of care": 5 films to shed light on the complexity of caring and to propose to the viewer different interpretations of the meaning and value of helping relationship, of giving support and daily assistance to a loved one who is disable or dependent.
- A caregiver coffee, an informal place where those experiencing caring responsibilities can share their stories, talk with other people living similar experiences and ask for support.
- Meetings, workshops, focused on three main declinations of the caring experience:
- Being a student and a young carer
- Combining work with caring responsibilities
- Caring for a loved person suffering from dementia
The Caregiver Day will also be the opportunity to an important development in the Italian system: the Law of the Emilia-Romagna region for the recognition and support of the family caregiver (LR 2/14), which is now in the implementing phase.
The programme of the Caregiver Day is available – in Italian- here.