The International Journal for Care and Caring (IJCC) is a new multidisciplinary journal, edited by Prof. Sue Yeandle (UK, Editor-in-Chief), Prof.Yueh-Ching Chou (Taiwan, Co-Editor); Prof. Michael Fine (Australia, Co-Editor) and Prof. Joan Tronto (USA, Consulting Editor, North America), with the support of a distinguished International Editorial Board. Published by Policy Press, and multidisciplinary and international in scope, it will publish high quality contributions on care, caring and carers from all regions of the world.
IJCC will have a broad focus, covering care and caring for people of any age who have long-term conditions, disabilities or frailties, or who are seriously ill or near the end of life. It will explore the economic, organisational, political, social, legal, familial, transnational and ethical settings in which this care occurs.
The IJCC editorial team invites scholars worldwide to submit articles to be considered for publication.The journal’s scope is outlined in the full call for papers.
- Theories and concepts in care and caring
- Comparative international analysis of care and caring
- Care relations in global and transnational perspective
- Advocacy, identification, claims-making and contestation in care and caring
- Methodological innovation and development in the study of care and caring
- Critical analysis of policy and practice in care and caring
- New empirical findings in care and caring
To encourage global dialogue and international sharing of ideas, expertise and experience, IJCC will also include a regular, free to view section, 'Debates and Issues', for which contributions of 1500-2000 words are invited from carers’ organisations, policymakers, trade unions, employers and academics for this section of the journal.
Eurocarers members are eligible for discounted personal print subscriptions. See here.